Cannabis Seeds: benefits and recipes
Cannabis seeds are now widespread in new diets and food supplements … they are also considered a superfood!
You can now buy marijuana seeds on Sensoryseeds.com and get access to the best cannabis seeds and top-quality products.
Cannabis seed has a slightly nutty flavor and can be incorporated very well into many dishes.
To eat cannabis seeds shelled or whole?
Cannabis seeds can be eaten with their shell (whole) or without their shell (shelled). Whole cannabis seeds contain more fiber and a little more nutrient, but the downside is that the cockles get caught between the teeth.
Also, whole cannabis seed is slightly cheaper than hulled cannabis seed.
You can incorporate cannabis seed into your diet by adding a few tablespoons to your yoghurts or smoothies. You can also sprinkle it on your salads or your soups.
Cannabis milk from weed seeds
You can also drink cannabis seed in the form of cannabis milk. Cannabis milk is a good milk substitute for people who are allergic to it or who are lactose intolerant, and it replaces milk advantageously for those who prefer not to consume it.
Cannabis seed oil
Cannabis oil is used like olive oil, except for cooking. Cannabis oil has a very low smoke point (165 degrees), which makes it unsuitable for frying.
Cannabis oil can be used as a base for salad dressings or mixed with your smoothies.
Cannabis seed flour
Cannabis flour offers tons of possibilities for incorporating cannabis into its diet. You can make bread, pancakes, pizza, crackers and cookies.
At first, cooking cannabis flour is a bit tricky. Since cannabis flour is gluten-free, it is more difficult to obtain a good texture. You can remedy this with arrowroot, for example.
Raw cannabis seeds
Later in this article, I will give you some recipes based on raw cannabis seed. The absence of cooking allows the nutrients to be preserved.
Cannabis seed recipes
Because cannabis seed yoghurt is fine for a while, here are some delicious cannabis seed recipes. So let’s play with the recipes and add the cannabis seeds to your diet easily!
Walnut and Cannabis Seed Bites
This recipe uses nuts, dates, coconut and cannabis seeds. Nuts are a good source of essential fatty acids, protein, minerals and dietary fiber.
- Many consider nuts to be the best nut for health.
- Coconut is also a good source of dietary fiber and also contains a lot of protein.
- The dates in this recipe give it a delicious sweet taste without the need for any added sugar.
These nuts and cannabis bites are made with only healthy ingredients. The nuts and cannabis bites make an ideal snack, especially after sports. The carbohydrates found in dates and the proteins in nuts and cannabis seeds promote muscle recovery after a workout.
- 15 pitted dates
- 150 g walnut kernels (not toasted and unsalted)
- 2 tablespoons grated coconut or fresh coconut
- 3 tablespoons raw cannabis seeds
- Put the ingredients in the food processor and mix in pulse mode until everything is well mixed.
- Transfer the mixture to a salad bowl. Using a tablespoon, take the dough to form balls.
- The size of the nut and cannabis seed bites in the image is approximately 3 cm.
- Your bites can be smaller or larger, depending on your preferences.
- You can store nuts and cannabis bites in the refrigerator.
Green Cannabis Seed Smoothie
You can make this smoothie with almond milk (unsweetened). Otherwise, you can prepare it with homemade cannabis milk, which requires a little more work. Cannabis milk is used to create a smoothie rich in protein and essential fatty acids.
- A frozen ripe banana (cut into slices and freeze a few hours in advance)
- A ripe pear
- Half a lawyer
- A few sprigs of parsley
- 50 g fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 200 ml of homemade cannabis milk
- In the blender, put the cannabis milk and spinach and mix until you get a smooth consistency.
- Add the other ingredients and mix until you get a smooth smoothie.
This green cannabis seed smoothie serves as a meal, and you can drink it for breakfast or lunch.
Cannabis Seed Pasta
cannabis seed recipe 3 Don’t let the title of this recipe scare you: these pastas contain very few carbohydrates and are incredibly healthy. For this cannabis seed pasta, you will need to make zucchini pasta.
- 1 zucchini
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons shelled cannabis seeds
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon cannabis oil (or olive oil)
- A pinch of salt
- Prepare the zucchini pasta.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and sprinkle the pasta with lemon juice.
- Mix well to coat the pasta with cannabis oil and cannabis seeds.
If you wish, you can add small pieces of red pepper to this zucchini salad.
Hopefully this article has inspired you to hit the kitchen. If you’re interested in purchasing cannabis seeds, James Alexander over at GreenBudGuru.com wrote a detailed guide on where to buy them from
5 Facts About Decarbing Weed (and 4 Ways to Do It Yourself)
Decarboxylation is a process of heating cannabis at high temperatures of 250°F to convert non-psychoactive THCA into THC. The chemical process involved makes cannabis more effective when used in cooking.
Here are five facts you should know about decarboxylation:
1. Why Decarb the Weed
When vaporizing cannabis, the heat stimulates decarboxylation, hence, THCA converts into THC and the user feels the psychoactive effects upon inhalation. When you decarb weed, the same procedure takes place, except the results are left on the bud so it can be eaten or transformed into oil or butter. Don’t vape infused cooking oil.
The decarbing process can also take place gradually at average temperatures (more on that later).
2. How to Decarb Your Weed
If you want to get the most out of your cannabis recipes, it is vital to carry out the decarboxylation process before cooking.
After activation of the cannabis material, it can be used to infuse oils, alcohols, butter, or as a psychoactive spice in making pasta. You can infuse any strain after decarboxylation into the butter to and use it to make your favorite dishes, from entrees to brownies.
One of the critical aspects to take into consideration during decarboxylation includes checking the temperatures. If the temperature is too low, the process will take much longer. And if you try to decarb your weed at too high a temperature, you could end up burning off the psychoactive compounds you’re trying to preserve.
Baking Sheet Method
The baking sheet method is known to produce a weedy, pungent smell that you cannot ignore.
- Large chunks of ground cannabis
- Wooden spatula
- Oven mitt
- Parchment paper
- Baking tray
- Oven thermometer
How to Decarb Using a Baking Sheet:
- Preheat the oven to 240°F
- Use an oven thermometer for accurate reading of the oven temperature
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper
- Distribute the ground cannabis evenly on the pan
- Leave in the oven for 40 minutes to toast the cannabis
Oven Bags Method
This method works just like the oven method only that it requires less work. In this method, no lining of the baking sheet is, and it is easy to collect the finished material. Less smell occurs when using this method, but it requires materials that might not be readily available at home.
How to Decarb Using Oven Bags:
- Preheat the oven to 250°F
- Place the weed in the oven bag and tie the bag closed with a tight knot
- Place the bag on a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven
- Bake 30 minutes or until the cannabis turns a brownish color
Mason Jars Method
The most useful thing about using mason jars to decarb your weed is how well they retain the aroma of the weed. Not only are the jars readily available at home, but they are also more effective than oven bags.
How to Decarb Using Mason Jars:
- Preheat the oven to 250°F
- Place the cannabis in the mason jar
- Close the top real tight so that no smell will escape
- Place the jars on the oven rack (the glass should not touch the sides of the oven)
- Bake the cannabis for 30 minutes or until it turns a brownish color
Decarboxylation can happen on its own when weed is left to stay for a long time. The marijuana turns into a golden brown color when left to decarb on its own. However, this method is not consistent and takes a lot of time, thus it is not a reliable method to make edibles.
How to Decarb Over Time:
- Store the cannabis in a cool, dry area for about 12 months .
3. Tips During Decarboxylation
Decarbing weed doesn’t have to be difficult, and the following tips can help preserve as many cannabinoids as possible.
- Arrange the cannabis evenly so that there is even distribution of heat.
- Use low, steady heat. Too much heat might lead to the evaporation of flavors, THC, and oils in the herb.
- Take the herb out when it starts to get a toasted coloration .
4. Importance of Decarbing
You can decarboxylate both concentrates and cannabis flower to obtain edibles that are high in quality. When you follow the correct procedure, the potency of the herb does not decrease.
If the herb is eaten before decarboxylation, the user will not experience the psychoactive effects of cannabis.
5. Types of Marijuana Seeds
While you can typically get higher quality bud from your local dispensary, many serious DIY cannabis chefs prefer to grow their own weed as a way to increase supply without breaking the bank. Here are three types of marijuana seeds, and which we recommend for cooking:
- Regular Marijuana Seeds
Regular marijuana seeds have equal chances of growing to be female or male. As a result, farmers must remove them from the garden or they could pollinate the females and destroy the grow. Farmers can buy regular marijuana seeds online at a fairly low price, reducing the cost of a failed grow. But regular seeds can be a little riskier: up to 40 percent grow up to be undesirable male plants that you won’t be able to use when decarbing and cooking with weed.
- Autoflowering Marijuana Seeds
Autoflowering seeds usually bloom without any stimulation from external forces and buds within 7-9 weeks. One of the advantages of autoflowering seeds is that they are easy to grow and take less time to mature. As a result, they’re a popular option for beginner DIY cannabis chefs with limited time or experience to spend on a home grow.
- Feminized Marijuana Seeds
The feminized marijuana seeds are an industry favorite since they remove the risk of male plants that must be discarded. They still require the same level of care and maintenance as regular marijuana seeds, but they ensure a higher percentage of your home grow will be usable. And if your female plant isn’t fertilized, it will produce flower without seeds.
Get More from Your Weed When You Decarb
Decarboxylation enables weed to provide the therapeutic and psychoactive effects to users. It is an important step when cooking with cannabis, and the chemical alteration from decarbing helps the body process marijuana more efficiently. Buy seeds online (or pre-order your favorite strain) and enjoy yourself.